Physiotherapy Patient Information
Please find below our current Physiotherapy Patient Information. If you require any more details on any of these subjects, please contact our office and we will be more than happy to assist.
physioFIX Cancellation/Missed Appointments Policy
We understand life happens and sometimes you need to cancel your appointment with us. If that happens we ask that you provide us with a minimum of 6 hours notice.
You can cancel your appointment by either contacting us via phone on 3349 1554 or via the appointment cancellation link in your reminder sms/email. Please note this link will only work for cancellations with a minimum of 6 hours notice.
If you cancel with less than 6 hours notice or you fail to attend your appointment you may be charged a fee of $25.
Late attendance may result in your appointment time being cut short so as not to impact on other patient’s appointment times and the full appointment fee may still be payable.
What personal information we collect and why
When you attend as a patient of our practice, your Physiotherapist/Massage Therapist/Pilates Instructor and/or their administrative team will need to collect your personal information so they can provide you with the best possible healthcare services. We also use it for directly related business activities, such as financial claims and payments with Medicare, Private Health Insurance, WorkCover and other Third Party Insurance providers, practice audits, accreditation and normal business processes.
The personal Physiotherapy Patient Information we collect and hold generally includes:
- Your name, address, date of birth, email address and contact phone numbers.
- Clinical notes that include information about your condition and symptoms, diagnosis and any treatment given.
- Specialists/GP reports and scan/xray results
- Any other personal information such as medical history, social and family history, risk factors, race, religion, gender and sexuality, medications, allergies, adverse events, treatment you may have already received and any other personal information reasonably necessary for our staff to provide you with a health service.
- Medicare number, WorkCover, Third Party Insurance or Dept of Veteran Affairs number for identification and claiming purposes.
- Private health fund details and appointment and billing information.
Only practice staff who need to see your personal information will have access to it and we will only collect personal and health information about you that is necessary for our practice functions or activities.
How we collect your personal information
Our practice will collect your personal Physiotherapy Patient Information:
Directly and in person, over the phone, by email, SMS, through our website or by completing our online or hard copy forms. When you make your first appointment, our practice staff will collect your personal and demographic information from you in person/over the phone or via our online booking service.
If it is not possible to collect it from you directly, we may also collect this information from:
- Your guardian or responsible person.
- Other involved healthcare providers such as general practitioners, specialists, other allied health professionals, hospitals, community health services and pathology and diagnostic imaging services.
- Your Private Health Fund, Medicare, DVA, WorkCover or other Third Party Insurance company.
Who we share your personal information with and when
- Other healthcare providers.
- Third parties who work with our practice for business purposes (such as IT providers and accreditation agencies).
- Statutory requirement to lawfully share certain personal information, such as mandatory notification of certain diseases.
- Court subpoenas required or authorised by law.
- When necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to a patient’s life, health or safety or public health or safety, or it is impractical to obtain the patient’s consent.
physioFIX Holland Park will use the personal Physiotherapy Patient Information collected for a range of practice and health service operations including:
- To communicate with you regarding any issues affecting your treatment including treatment outcomes and follow up
- To administer accounts and process payments
- Appointment reminders and follow ups
- Quarterly eNewsletter
- Practice updates
- Surveys to improve our services
When first attending our clinic your email address is automatically added to our clinics eNewsletter – you can opt out of this via the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of our eNewsletter at any time. You can also let us know at any time if you do not wish to be contacted for any of the other purposes listed above. Any consent originally provided will remain current until you notify us otherwise.
physioFIX may use the following ways to contact you:
- Phone call or SMS
Only those people that need to access your personal information will be able to do so. Other than in the course of providing health services or as otherwise described in this policy, our practice will not share personal information with any third party without your consent.
We will not share your personal information with anyone outside Australia (unless under exceptional circumstances that are permitted by law) without your consent.
How we store and protect your personal information
Your personal information may be stored at our practice as paper records, electronic records and x-rays/CT scans. Our practice stores all personal information securely, and will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, interference or unauthorised access or disclosure. We will make sure any information we collect, use or disclose is complete, accurate and up to date.
Electronic format is password protected.
Hard copy records and information is stored in secure locked cabinets.
We permanently destroy any personal or health information that is no longer needed or necessary for any purpose that is permitted by the Privacy Act.
How you can access and correct your personal information at our Practice
Our practice will take reasonable steps to correct your personal information where the information is not accurate or up to date. We will ask you at different times, to verify your information held by our practice is correct and up to date.
You have the right to access and correct personal information that we hold about you, in electronic or hard copy format.
If you wish to access or correct your personal information we request that you contact us in person, via phone, or in writing (proof of identity will be required). Your request for access and/or correction will be processed within 30 days.
While we do not charge an application or processing fee, you may be charged administration, photocopying or other fees to reasonably cover our costs in fulfilling your request.
How you can lodge a privacy related complaint and how it will be handled at our practice
If you have any concerns or queries about your privacy or wish to make a complaint about a privacy breach, you can contact us:
Attention: Jamie Sceney (Practice Principal)
Address: 1181 Logan Road, Holland Park, QLD 4121
Phone: 07 3349 1554
You should provide us with sufficient details regarding your complaint together with any supporting information. We will take steps to investigate the issue and will notify you in writing of the outcome within 30 days from the receipt date of original written complaint.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact us directly to discuss your further concerns, or lodge a complaint with the Australian Information Commissioner at
Dealing with us anonymously
You have the right to deal with us anonymously or under a pseudonym unless it is impracticable for us to do so or unless we are requested or authorized by law to only deal with identified individuals.
Policy review statement